Sunday, August 5, 2012

Carnival of the Cats #438


Maggie: Like everyone else, Momma has been watching the Olympics this past week. She's supposed to be finishing homework, but as long as I'm being fed, I'm not going to judge.However, I think the 2016 Olymic Committee should consider a cat-only event: Cat Napping. We are already in rigorous training for it and Momma is helping us with practice events.


Momma: Oreo, your stance looks great, and the simulatenous paw and tail curls will give you extra points for difficulty. However, your symmetry is a bit off...both your back paws should be tilted instead of just one.

As we continue training, lets get started with the carnival!

Nikita Cat and Elvira, Mistress of Felinity, of the Feline News Network (FNN) bring us the World Mews Repurrt over at Meowsings of an Opinionated Pussycat, which is where all felines should get their news. Humans just don't report it as well as kitties do, and these two always do a great job!

At Animal Shelter Volunteer Life, Minnie shows her training method for Olympic Cat Napping. That extra floof will mean extra points for sure! Minnie sure is beautiful and we hope she finds a forever home soon.

Two new kitten family members decide to go on an adventure of exploring the dishwasher over as Mrs. Banks Has Kittens. Dishwashers are always fun, but we also want to check out the fridge next because that's where our Momma hides the food.

Forget cat napping as an olympic sport. We see a potential gold medalist in Maddie as she fences over at StrangeRanger. Maddie's sharp eyes and quick reflexes are definitely something to see!

Are Samantha and Clementine from Life from a Cat's Perspective just being shy or secretly in training for our event? Looks like we might have some competition!



Momma: Maggie, throwing a roll into your Cat Napping stance is awful riskly. It's rarely tried due to the difficulty of maintaining the correct pose. I do know you like a challenge though, so if you can pull it off, then I say go for it.


Momma: Tiger, I think the outstretched paw is a great start and shows off your gracefulness. However, this is a napping stance that has a low degree of difficulty and I think the judges will not give you the score you are looking for. Based on the votes, I think Oreo and Maggie should represent the Meowers of Death int his event.


Tiger: I was ROBBED! I demand an investigation! They're paying you, aren't they?

Oh, dear. Looks like a scandal is already brewing around here. While the investigators are called in, we'll go ahead an wrap up the carnival.

As always, thanks for letting us host! There were only a few submissions for this week. If for some reason your submission did not go through, just let us know in the comments and we'll be glad to update!

Next week's carnival is at iMeowza. We all miss Meowza!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for hosting!

    Love the photos!

    Very cute and very funny! :-D

    ReplyDelete